Salon Contemporary is offering emerging, innovative and passionate artists out there a chance to display their work in the creative hub of Notting Hill!Artist of the Week’ is a new and exciting competition, with the opportunity for one selected artist each week to have their work featured on our website in the run up to our AoW Christmas Exhibition. The winning candidate will then be offered a residency in London’s West End! We’re calling on artists from all fields including the visual arts, performance, dance, film, theatre, animation and music!

VIEW THEIR WORKS, VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE AND COME SEE THE SPECTACULAR EXHIBITION, OPENING DECEMBER 1ST!!!

The exhibiting artists 'Artist of the Week: The Exhibition' are:
Akleria * Alyona Larinova * Dragana Jurisic * Helen Gorill



Wednesday 15 December 2010

Steven Emmanuel Artist of the Week Interview




1) Savory or Sweet?
Both.

2) Which artist has influenced you the most or challenged the way you look at things?
It is a really difficult question to answer because different artists work have influenced and challenged me at different times. At the moment I am more intrigued with artists who are quite different to myself and enjoy finding a conversation between their work and my own. A few of the artists who’s work I find really interesting at the moment are; Lindsey Sears, Anton Henning, Rebecca Warren, Nicolas Provost, and Marcus Coates.


3) How would you briefly describe the differences in experiencing an undergraduate degree to studying a Masters?
I was uncertain of what I wanted at undergraduate and when I started my MA I had already made those decisions, which made it a much more rewarding experience.

4) What gets you through the day?
Work.

5) What always makes you smile, without fail?
Painting my ball.


6) If you were going away for a long time and could only take one thing with you, what would that be?
My ball of paint.

7) If you weren't an artist, what career path would you chose?
A stable one.

8) What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Stubborn, neurotic and considered.

9) What will you do after answering these interview questions?
Nothing, I have no plans.

10) What is your favorite festive holiday and why?
None of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment