Salon Contemporary is offering emerging, innovative and passionate artists out there a chance to display their work in the creative hub of Notting Hill!Artist of the Week’ is a new and exciting competition, with the opportunity for one selected artist each week to have their work featured on our website in the run up to our AoW Christmas Exhibition. The winning candidate will then be offered a residency in London’s West End! We’re calling on artists from all fields including the visual arts, performance, dance, film, theatre, animation and music!

VIEW THEIR WORKS, VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE AND COME SEE THE SPECTACULAR EXHIBITION, OPENING DECEMBER 1ST!!!

The exhibiting artists 'Artist of the Week: The Exhibition' are:
Akleria * Alyona Larinova * Dragana Jurisic * Helen Gorill



Wednesday 22 December 2010

Fun Interview with Ting-Ting Cheng..


1) Briefly explain what has been your leading inspiration to be an artist?
I think it comes from great exhibitions I see. Interesting exhibitions always make me want to create something as good as those artists' works.

2) What is the most memorable exhibition for you and why so?

The most memorable exhibition for me so far should be 'Home and Away' at Castlefield Gallery in Manchester. Not only because the gallery space is amazing, but also that all the staff and interns are unbelievably nice. We even become friends and keep in touch after that. And the most important thing is, I had a 10 meter high wall to install my project 'Reasons to Travel'. It was my first time, probably also the last time installing works on a scaffolding with a helmet!


3) What song do you never get sick of?
Weirdly, the first song came to my mind is 'I will survive' from Gloria Gaynor. I am kind of old school and I think the song is inspiring!

4) What's your favorite food?
I love salmon sashimi and also a Taiwanese cuisine made by spicy blood from duck, yummy ;)

5) What is your fashion sense/icon?
I am not a big fan of fashion, it's very difficult to name one...

6) Do you have a life philosophy that you live by?
workaholic? 

7) If you could give anyone a piece of advice, what would it be?
Spend more time with your family while you can.

8) Name three countries you'd like to visit that you haven't yet?
Mexico, Brazil and Malta. It's too cold now all I can think of are warm countries...

9) What do you like the most about, England?
Lots of artists opportunities!

10) What's your favorite colour?
probably black and white.

Thanks a lot for your answers Ting-Ting. 
And from all of us at Salon Contemporary, have a lovely christmas and a prosperous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment